Like many of you, I am a user of the WP E-Commerce plug-in for WordPress as well as a Gold Cart upgrade customer. While WP E-Commerce has many excellent features and does wonders for the WordPress-based e-commerce experience, the code is very buggy, full of flaws, and lacks documentation and support that is needed for those working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment.
Instead of just being frustrated, I decided to dig into the code and fix a few gnawing problems:
- Fixed / Added Billing country and state to what is submitted to Authorize.net
- Added additional configuration fields for Authorize.net Shipping info
- Added Description field in configuration
- Added Invoice # using the purchase ID / number # as the value
- Added Customer # using the purchase ID / number # as the value
- Added Shipping Information submitted to Authorize.net
- Added Freight info
- Added Tax info
- Added full cart info to AuthorizeNet receipts
Email receipts enhancements:
- fixed transaction_result_functions.php to put product list info in Admin report
- Resend receipt will also resend the Admin report
- fixed duplicated State information display when you check “Billing same as shipping”
- Replaced UPS calculation module with the update from 3.8
- Fixed erroneous tax calculation when a discount coupon is applied
- Added Facebook to the Share This list
- Removed the random “alexking.org” listings in the email submission section
- Share This email is now working!
A screen shot of the new details in the Payment Options for Authorize.Net is shown below:
These fixes have only been tested with WordPress 2.9.2 and WP E-Commerce version 220.127.116.11 and the Original Gold Cart files (from Instinct, not the latest from GetShopped.org). If you are using another version and these fixes don’t work, don’t blame me! I’m only verifying that this works with the above configuration.
MAKE SURE TO COPY YOUR EXISTING FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM IN CASE THESE FIXES DON’T WORK!
- Copy authorize.php to /wp-content/uploads/wpsc/upgrades/gold_cart_files/merchants/ replacing the existing file
- Copy transaction_result_functions.php to /wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce replacing the existing file
- Copy ajax-and-init.php to /wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-admin/ replacing the existing file
- Copy ups.php to \wp-content\plugins\wp-e-commerce\shipping replacing the existing file
- Copy wp-e-commerce.js \wp-content\plugins\wp-e-commerce\js to replacing the existing file
- Copy cart.class.php to \wp-content\plugins\wp-e-commerce\wpsc-includes replacing the existing file
- Copy share-this.php to \wp-content\plugins\wp-e-commerce replacing the existing file
Once you have done that, you will have new configuration capabilities in the Payments section of the Settings for Authorize.Net to configure the Description field and other fields for Shipping and Billing info. Furthermore, the email receipts will now include product info in the Admin reports, and if you choose to resend a report to a customer, it will also resend the Admin report to the configured administrator
SUPPORT AND FURTHER WORK
Note that I have made these changes because, like you, I am frustrated with the quality and lack of responsiveness by the WP E-Commerce developers. However, developing is NOT my full time job, and I am assuming that many of you are downloading to help with your efforts, but are not paying me to do that.
Since I’m not getting paid to develop this and I have no financial interest in doing so, I am not supporting any of these fixes. I will not provide any installation assistance other than what is specified above and in the ZIP readme.txt file. If these fixes work for you, great! If not, make sure to copy your old files before you replace them. Any damage / trouble is not my responsibility, so please be careful!
If you like my work and want to motivate me to continue to enhance WP E-Commerce or otherwise improve the work here, I would very much appreciate donations. Your donations are indications that you find my work valuable and that you wish me to continue. Sending me harassing email, posting negative or hateful comments combined with lack of donations will not only cause me to stop working on this, but remove these files if they are more trouble than they are worth.
Help support the community by supporting those who are improving it!
Please donate by clicking on the Donate link in the right sidebar of the site at http://www.fourhourworkweekdiary.com or below: